Pier 1.2 now out
14 July, 2009
Lukas Renggli, Tudor Girba and colleagues have been working hard on their Pier web content management system for the past few months, and have now shared the product of their labours with the release of Pier 1.2. Pier is a lightweight web content management system, built on Seaside, and intended to be managed from the browser.
They announced some of the key features of the 1.2 release as:
- An improved system for including dynamic content in pages (see http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax for more details)
- Pier can remember last login information
- Better default CSS (including a style for events)
- Halos for enhanced editing
- Available as a one-click install (based on Pharo 0.1-10374)
The one-click image is available for download at the Pier web site, where Tudor has also produced a brief video to get you started with Pier. There are plenty more resources including more videos on the documentation section of the site.