ESUG 2010 Conference – in Barcelona
6 May, 2010
For the past 18 years, the European Smalltalk User Group (ESUG) has organised the International Smalltalk Conference, a lively forum on cutting edge software technologies that attract people from both academia and industry for a whole week. The attendees are both engineers using Smalltalk in business and students and teachers using Smalltalk both for research and didactic purposes.
This year’s conference will be held at Citilab-Cornellà in Cornellà, Barcelona, on 13th—17th September. As in previous years, this year’s edition of the largest European Smalltalk event will include the regular Smalltalk developers conference with renowned invited speakers, and a Smalltalk camp that proves fruitful for interactions and discussions.
This year will also see:
- the 6th annual Innovation Technology Awards where prizes will be awarded to authors of best pieces of Smalltalk-related projects
- an international workshop on Smalltalk and dynamic languages
- for the first time there will be a business day on Thursday 16th September 2010 with a focus on “Agile Development Processes and Smalltalk”
ESUG is sponsoring 10 free entrance tickets. To get a free ticket you should send a mail to the esug board (email@example.com) with a subject of [ESUG 2010 Free entrance] + your name, with an small statement putting your case. Note that students can get free registration and hosting if they enrol into the the Student Volunteers program (see below).
You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways:
- Sponsor the conference. New sponsoring packages are described at http://www.esug.org/supportesug/becomeasponsor/
- Submit a talk, a software or a paper to one of the events. See below.
- Attend the conference! We’d like to beat the previous record of attendance (156 participants at Brest and 170 people at Amsterdam)!
Developers Forum: International Smalltalk Developers Conference
This year we are looking for YOUR experience on using Smalltalk. In addition, we are looking for tutorials. The list of topics includes, but is not limited to the following:
- XP practices
- Development tools
- Experience reports
- Model driven development
- Web development
- Team management
- New libraries & frameworks
- Educational material
- Embedded systems and robotics
- SOA and Web services
- Interaction with other programming languages
Submissions due on 1 July 2010
Notification of acceptance on 15 of July 2010
More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2010
Innovation Technology Award
We are proud to announce the 6th Innovation Technology Awards. The top 3 teams with the most innovative software will receive, respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros during an awards ceremony at the conference. Developers of any Smalltalk-based software are welcome to compete. This year you are asked to provide 3-5min videos explaining your entry. More information can be found at http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2010/Innovation+Technology+Awards
Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student wanting to attend ESUG, have you considered
being a student volunteer? Student volunteers help keep the
conference running smoothly; in return, they have free
accommodations, while still having most of the time to enjoy the conference. More information at http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2010/Student+Volunteers+program