Squeak Project in Google Summer of Code 2008
25 April, 2008
This year’s submission was explicitly under the “Squeak Project” title, to allow for projects from the wider community developing based on the Squeak environment.
The current list of projects with assigned students consists of:
- Safarà: an Extensible Code Editor for Squeak by Luigi Panzeri, mentored by Lukas Renggli
- Squeak IRC bot framework by Francois Stephany, mentored by Ken Causey
- Squeak GTK Support by Gwenaël Casaccio, mentored by Stéphane Ducasse
- freeCAD: 3D CAD with Motion Simulation Port to Croquet by Phua Khai Fong, mentored by Aik-Siong Koh
- OpenNARS port to Squeak using Seaside by Cédrick Beler, mentored by Klaus D. Witzel
Congratulations to Giovanni Corriga and colleagues on the SoC mailing list who put the Squeak Project submission together, and best wishes to the students and mentors for a productive and enjoyable experience. We’re all looking forward to seeing your work!