Squeak Board candidates wanted
20 February, 2010
Göran Krampe has begun the process for this year’s elections for the Squeak Oversight Board.
The Squeak Oversight Board (SOB) consists of seven members from our community, all of whom are elected by popular vote. The members are responsible for
- building a legal presence – currently by working with the Software Freedom Law Center as part of their Conservancy;
- providing the network services that support the various mailing lists and repositories that in turn make a community possible;
- helping coordinate the various interest groups and projects being pursued by Squeakers;
- making decisions where there is no clear community consensus.
The current board members are:
- Jecel Assumpcao Jr
- Ken Causey
- Bert Freudenberg
- Craig Latta
- Andreas Raab
- Randal Schwartz
- Igor Stasenko
The schedule and process of the Election is as follows:
Candidates should nominate themselves by 3rd March and start their campaign on the squeak-dev mailing list. Or if you nominate someone else, make sure that person really wants to run. Göran will not put anyone on the candidate list until that person makes it known on squeak-dev that he/she does run.
Final candidate list
The list will be closed on 3rd March. The candidates should ideally present themselves on squeak-dev, unless they have already done so, and the community can ask questions.
Online election starts
The voting period starts on 10th March 6PM (18.00 UTC) and is one week long. Ballots are sent out via email.
Online election ends
The voting process will end on 17th March 6PM (18.00 UTC). Results will be announced immediately when the election ends.
If you were invited to vote last year you are already on the voter list, no worries! If you are a new Squeaker and wish vote do ONE of the following:
- Get a “known” Squeaker to vouch for you. If a known Squeaker sends an email to email@example.com giving your name and email address then Göran will add you.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org yourself (and CC to squeak-dev if you like) with information/arguments showing that you are indeed serious about voting and that you are indeed a Squeaker.
When the voting period starts all voters will receive an email with instructions and a link to the voting website.
Everything about the election, including schedule above and more, can be tracked here: